How Much Does Lawn Care Cost?
The price of lawn care varies depending on the size on lawn, services needed, and how often those service will be performed. The average cost of lawn care is $35 – $55 but the ultimate factor is the size of the property. The price will go up as more services are added to suit your lawn care needs.
Winter recovery & heavy traffic can leave your lawn with compacted soil and dense thatch, which blocks nutrients, water and air from the root zone. This leads to dead spots, unsightly patches & thinning turf. Aeration can help.
Regular feeding and weed management allow your turf investment to reach its full potential.
- Thick, healthy grass discourages weed penetration, making them easier to control year after year
- Balanced, seasonally-timed nutrition keeps your turf green & better able to resist stress, drought and wear
- Guaranteed results & expert horticultural advice ensure that your lawn maintenance budget is well spent
- Proactive turf assessment helps identify potential issues before they become costly problems
- Licensed and trained lawn specialists ensure that all applications are fully compliant with ever-changing environmental regulations
Our technicians will identify the insects most likely to invade your home’s interior. Highmark Lawn & Landscape’s trained technicians use a proven, regular maintenance strategy to protect your home and family from bugs and the diseases they carry.
Our Perimeter Pest Control Services are applied to the exterior of your home. We treat your home’s foundation and other areas of entry to create a protective barrier that insects and bugs will avoid. You never need to worry about any treatments being sprayed in your home. This also means you don’t need to be home for our technicians to do their job.
Fertilization is an essential part of a comprehensive lawn care plan. Not only is a well-fertilized lawn healthier and greener, it is also far better at preventing weed infestation, disease, and drought. As an added bonus, healthy lawns give back to the environment by producing oxygen, cooling the air during hot weather, and trapping and absorbing urban dust and pollution.
With your lawn’s nutrition in mind, Highmark recommends our proprietary 65 percent slow-release, granular fertilizer. Our premium, golf course-quality mixture feeds your lawn gradually, and only when it needs it. This allows grass plants to feed over an extended period of up to 8 weeks, rather than feast all at once.
Our exclusive, high-quality blend is made from naturally-occurring ingredients that aid in plant growth, keep grass looking green and healthy, assist in root development, and increase winter hardiness and resistance to disease and drought.
Proper lawn mowing techniques are absolutely essential to an Ecology Friendly Lawn, so if you’re going to do it, it’s important to do it right.
Here are some quick pointers:
- Never cut more than 1/3 of the leaf blade
- Mow in different patterns to avoid rutting or tire marks
- Mow when the lawn is dry
- Sharpen the mower blade regularly
- Make your last cut before Winter short
As the intensity of heat changes during the growing season, so will the rate at which your lawn grows. It’s necessary to change the frequency of cutting depending on the season, so talk to your lawn care technician at Highmark for the best recommendations for your lawn.
Highmark’s tailored premium seed blends and mixes meet rigid specifications for quality, purity and performance, delivering exceptional results and turf that stands out.
Here are the ways Highmark’s tailored seed blends and mixes are superior:
- Exceeds Certified designation
- Guaranteed germination rate greater than 85%
- Product mixes well with existing turf color
- Turf aggressiveness to “self repair” and compete with invasion of weeds
- At least 98% purity rating
- Less than .09% weed or crop seed
- Free of undesirable coarse grasses
- Designed and tailored specifically to rigid Highmark specifications
- Seed held to the highest genetic and mechanical quality standards in the industry
Weeds compete with desirable lawn grasses for water, space, light and nutrients. They are very aggressive and can easily take over a lawn if not kept in check. Protect your investment with a customized weed control program that will help to control unsightly broadleaf weeds.
Weed control – combined with regular fertilization, proper mowing and correct watering practices – will keep your grass thriving while weeds disappear.
Weed control programs may involve both preemergent and postemergent applications to prevent spring weed emergence and to control pervasive weeds in the summer. Highmark’s equipment is calibrated to apply the proper amount of product to eliminate weeds. Contact treatments are made at peak germination periods of broadleaf weeds. The control product must contact leaf surface of the plant to be effective.
Weed control products used by Highmark are tested and are applied by licensed, trained professionals.